LightPassage (TM) Solar Light
- Task lighting anywhere: homes, cabins, lodges, RVs, boats, etc.
- Adds nothing to your power bill. Unaffected by power outages.
- 12V direct-current system is simple and safe enough to install yourself. Generally installs in under 2 hours with basic tools.
- Includes 20 Watt solar panel, charge controller, 12 Volt 5 amp-hour battery, bright LED light fixture, and all required mounting hardware.
- Can be controlled using integrated switch or by adding a remote control or motion sensor, or on a schedule by adding a timer.
- With optimum placement of solar panel, light can be used 5+ hours every day (drains battery only as much as a day's sun puts in). Emergency use for 25 hours straight (completely drain battery) without any solar recharge!
The LightPassage is a complete system to generate, store, and use solar power to light your home. It's also an easy way to getting reliable lighting in off-grid locations (like cabins, RVs, chicken coops, boats, camps, barns, scientific research stations, and developing world clinics).
The latest in high-efficiency LED technology makes this small, inexpensive system bright enough (~400 lumens) for task lighting such as reading, computer use etc (indoor use only). This system has been meticulously designed for easy installation and worry-free use. Besides a few tools, you'll find everything you need in the box for a complete installation. The LightPassage is shipped with all the odds-and ends (screws, wall anchors, silicone sealant). See the complete technical specifications for more details. It is very similar in design to the LightPortal, but uses smaller components and produces less light (see comparison table). Made in USA of US and imported parts.
Easy step-by-step instructions for installation in under two hours with some basic tools.
The LightPassage is eligible for a 25% tax credit off its base retail cost under the Credit for Residential Energy Efficient Property. Please download our manufacturer's certification for tax records.