LightPortal (TM) Solar Light
- Light up a room anywhere: homes, cabins, lodges, RVs, boats, etc.
- Adds nothing to your power bill. Unaffected by power outages.
- 12V direct-current system is simple and safe enough to install yourself. Generally installs in under 2 hours with basic tools.
- Includes 20 Watt solar panel, charge controller, 12 Volt 9 amp-hour battery, super bright LED light fixture, and all required mounting hardware.
- Auxiliary power connection can power an Exclamation Light for more light, or recharge USB devices using a USB adaptor.
- Includes 3 way switch. Can also be controlled by adding a remote control or motion sensor, or on a schedule by adding a timer.
- With optimum placement of solar panel, light can be used 11+ hours every day (drains battery only as much as a day's sun puts in). Emergency use for 48 hours straight (completely drain battery) without any solar recharge!
The LightPortal is a complete system to generate, store, and use solar power to light your home. It's also an easy way to getting reliable lighting in off-grid locations (like cabins, RVs, boats, camps, barns, scientific research stations, and developing world clinics). Choose from one of our diffuser (lampshade) options or customize it to your decor by interleaving a sheet of your own! Pretty much anything thin, flexible, and transparent will work, and by sandwiching it in the middle of our unique two-layer system, you can protect and support even very delicate materials.
The latest in high-efficiency LED technology makes this one fixture bright enough (~1300 lumens on high or ~600 lumens on low) to light up a whole room (indoor use only). This system has been meticulously designed for easy installation and worry-free use. Besides a few tools, you'll find everything you need in the box for a complete installation. The LightPortal is shipped with all the odds-and ends (screws, wall anchors, silicone sealant). It even includes an extra-long drillbit in case you need to run the cable through a wall. See the complete technical specifications for more details. The LightPortal is very similar in design to the LightPassage, but uses larger components and produces more light (see comparison table). Made in USA of US and imported parts.
Easy step-by-step instructions for installation in under two hours with some basic tools.
The LightPortal is eligible for a 24% tax credit off its base retail cost under the Credit for Residential Energy Efficient Property, or $60 of tax savings. That reduces the true cost to you of the base system to $190! Please download our manufacturer's certification for tax records.